Friday, June 01, 2007

What a Day

Yesterday was a marathon of a day which means that I am a walking zombie today.

It began in the early hours of the morning yesterday. Dee and I ended our Wednesday by heading to bed around 10:30 pm. Near midnight, Dee woke me up to let me know that we had lost power. I got up and checked the breaker box, but everything looked okay. I heard some voices out in the courtyard and figured that others must be having similar problems. They were. Apparently, the power was out for a good number of blocks in our neighborhood. I figured that there was nothing left for me to do, so I went back to bed and tried to fall asleep without much luck. By the time I woke up in the morning, the power was restored and I was tired.

I made it to work and had the usual hectic, busy day. Tiring all by itself.

After work, I headed home and helped Dee clean up the place so that it would look nice for my parent's visit. We finished cleaning and got ready for dinner. Mom and Dad showed up and we went to an Italian place in my neighborhood for dinner. Good food, good company. After dinner we went back to my place and showed my parents around and chatted for a little bit. Unfortunately, we couldn't hang out for too long because I had to go to tech rehearsal for Jerkology.

I got to the theater on time and the whole cast was there - plus the tech guy. We went in and I started to get set up. Unfortunately, the y-splitter that we use to connect our iPods to the sound board was missing. That meant that we didn't have any way of playing the music we needed for the show - which was the whole point of showing up at the theater. After tearing the theater apart looking for the cord, I finally gave up and went to Walgreen's to pick up some cheap iPod speakers that we could use. By the time I got back, it was an hour after we were supposed to start. Luckily, the cast was patient with the issues and spent the time practicing their lines.

Once we finally got the music going, everything went very well. The cast new their lines - with a few exceptions - and we got a chance to try a few scenes with full props and they got even funnier. Because we started so late, we didn't get to run the whole show top to bottom, but we did the last half and all of the transitions and it went fairly smoothly. Luckily, there aren't a lot of weird transitions or complicated tech so we didn't have to spend a lot of time talking about how we get from scene to scene, it just came naturally to the cast.

By the time we had finished it was after 1am and I was dead on my feet. I got home around 1:30 and got ready for bed so that I could get up bright and early for work today. No surprise: I am completely exhausted and I'm looking forward to a nap and a long night of good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment