Monday, July 28, 2008

My Weekend

This weekend Dee decided to go down to Lake Wawasee in Syracuse, IN.  This time she allowed me to come along.  That was nice of her since my whole family was going to be there, too.

The Mason's (family friends) were kind enough to offer us the use of their house on Lake Wawasee and we were able to find a weekend that worked for everyone.  We expected the Mason's house to be nice, but not nearly as nice as it turned out to be as you can see from the photo below.

That's the view of the house from the pier.  It had more than enough room to hold me and Dee, my brother and his girlfriend and my sister, her husband and her two kids.  Plus, the Mason's were there as well.  Nobody had to double up and there were rooms to spare.

Everyone arrived on Thursday afternoon.  We all got settled in and made an early dinner.  After dinner, Ron took us all out on his pontoon boat for a tour of the lake - which is huge.  He pointed out some of the larger mansions on the lake and filled us in a bit on the history of some of the houses.  Unfortunately, he had to cut the tour a bit short as the sun was starting to set.

On Friday, Ron took us out on his speedboat for some tubing.  Little did I know that I would spend almost the entire time out on the tubes because everyone else tired out so quickly.  I hadn't gone tubing since high school and I forgot how much fun it was to have a spectacular crash.  I had plenty.  Unfortunately, we had to call it quits when Dee and I crashed into each other and she got a bloody nose.  After that, Ron towed me back to the house and dumped me one last time in full view of the folks on the pier.  Good times.

We all woke up sore on Saturday so we decided to take out the jet skis instead of the more strenuous watersports.  Drew and I went out first and were zipping across the lake having a grand old time until I looked back and noticed that he wasn't moving.  I circled back to discover that his jet ski had stopped working.  I zipped back to the house and got Brian (the houseboy) and some rope so that we could tow him back.

We also celebrated Chloe's second birthday on Saturday replete with ice cream cake and gifts galore.  She loved opening her presents and couldn't get enough of the ice cream cake.  Oh, and we all wore party hats.

I took Dee out on the jet ski for one last lap of the lake on Sunday before we packed up and headed home.  I managed to keep her injury free for the entire ride and it was good to soak in the sun and surroundings one last time before we made our way back to reality.

I'll leave you with a picture of my smiling niece and nephew.

Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment