My friend Chris recently posted one of those email surveys on his blog. As I was reading through it something struck me. Maybe it's my hightened sense of paranoia but it seemed to me that this little quiz is a data mining technique for identity thieves. You know all of those little security questions that you have to answer on your bank's website? How many of those can you find on the quiz below? A lot. Then this thing gets fired off to a ton of people. Some you probably you don't know, some that are probably even untrustworthy. With a little extra digging someone could take the info from the quiz below and have a pretty damn good chance of hacking your bank account. Go ahead, read through it:
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. Diamonds or pearls? Can't I have both?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
6. What is your middle name?
7. What food do you dislike?
8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
9. What kind of car do you drive?
10. Favorite sandwich?
11. What characteristic do you despise?
12. Favorite item of clothing?
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
14. Favorite brand of clothing?
15. Where would you retire to?
16.What was your most recent memorable birthday?
17. Favorite sport to watch?
18. Farthermost place you are sending this?
19. Person you expect to send it back first?
20. When is your birthday?
21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
22. What is your shoe size?
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
25. What did you want to be when you were little?
26. How are you today?
27. What is your favorite candy?
28. What is your favorite flower?
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
30. What is your full name?
31. What are you listening to right now?
32. What was the last thing you ate?
33. Do you wish on stars?
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
35. How is the weather right now?
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?
37. Favorite soft drink?
38. Favorite restaurant?
39. Real hair color?
40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
41. Summer or winter?
42. Hugs or kisses?
43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
44. Coffee or tea?
45. Do you want your friends to email you back?
46. When was the last time you cried?
47. What is under your bed?
48. What did you do last night?
49. What are you afraid of ?
50. Salty or sweet?
51. How many keys on your key ring?
52. How many years at your current job?
53. Favorite day of the week?
54. How many towns have you lived in?
55. Do you make friends easily?
56. How many people will you send this to?
57. How many will respond?
See what I mean? I'm never going to fill out one of those things again. I bet you'll think twice before you do.